That’s right folks, you read right, The Kreddible Trout Hurry Before (it’s already) Too Late Sale is already in full swing already JUST in time to be too late for the xmas gifting season!
Like all good consumerist institutions, we here at Kreddible Trout Industries and Subsidiaries should have been putting up the Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Eid al-Adha/Festivus/Solstice sale signs shortly after St.Patrick’s day, but the marketing department was experimenting with new theories on quantum-procrastination and practicing their drinking games so, once again, it’s left for me, the head honcho, who really enjoys commas, to make some last ditch plea to some of you art savvy late-season shoppers.
We got a veritable smorgasbord of delectable artstuffs for the person on your list who’s got everything (except an Original Kreddible Trout Uniquely Mounted Artstuff™)!
CHECK OUT BELOW FOR DEALS DEALS DEALS!!
- These two sultry beauties (10x15 prints mounted on 18x20, hand stained wood canvas) of shots taken in Thailand in 2008 have been marked down to $150 each or $250 for the pair. (left - ‘pinch' and right 'nice jug’) -
- This oddity (11 x 24 print on 16 x 31 mounting) of a shot I took in Hamilton in 2007 creatively titled ‘pay here’ is mounted on old kitchen cupboards and is marked down to $200. -
- This mounting of ‘furnished' (18 x 12 print on 18 x 24 mounting) is one of the favorites here at Head Office, but we'll be willing to part with it if it's being bought as a gift for someone who will love it. It's better than socks and has been marked down to $185. -
- This doosey is a cropped version of 'urban layercake with tree' (10.5 x 28) on a 4 foot x 2.5 foot reclaimed wood mounting. As those of you who’ve done your homework know, everything is hand cut/stained/mounted/bashed/hammered/sawed and screwed. Very little electricity is used except in the playing of loud rock and roll music. This piece is $300. -
- As far as favourites go, this one has been on the wall for a while. The shot, 'to shreds - something about identity and self worth' is on the All-Star team over here at KTP and it’s mounting is colour coordinated to make your eyes go ‘oh! Yes. Yes, that’s nice!' (18 x 12 print in 18 x 24 rescued window) We'll let this number go for $300 -
- this monster is called ‘a tale of four cities' and is huge-mungous. (15 x 13 prints on a 34 x 31 reclaimed window. This is a doosy. Going for the holiday spectacular price of $585 -
- And the all time favourite of the more recent works, the hand (& saw & sand-paper) distressed mounting of ‘man…where my bitches at' in a swank reclaimed window. (28 x 22 - ish print in 28 x 34 re-adored window.) There's a brief blog entry about the construction of this piece over here and some detail shots here. This one has a spot of honour here at Casa De Troutski but we’ll part with it and imagine it’s going to Tiny Tim. (no… not this Tiny Tim… ok… maybe that Tiny Tim too.). This little puppy is goin for $585. -
So there you have it! Deals so good even SANTA will be pissed at us! Listen to those 4 friends of yours on facebook who are encouraging you to ‘shop local’ and ‘support independent artists’ and buy a one-of-a-kind piece of art! From an artist! Like me!
and remember our holiday jingle:
"Nothin says Merry Religious or Non-Religious Holiday Celebration like a nice Piece of Trout™ under the tree!”
… now I’m off to go talk to the jingle writing division of KTP… they’ve had too much shortbread or something…